Posted on May 24, 2021
The Technical Consultant provides technical consulting services to customers, contributes to the design and delivery of technical architecture solution components and supports the efforts of more experienced technical consultants. This role also plays a quality assurance role by reviewing team work products to ensure that they are accurate, consistent and meet client requirements, and serves as a technical resource on a team or a team leader for other technologists.
Technical consultant responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support of the technical design activities related to application software, data, databases, packaged solutions and infrastructure components.
- Design, development and distribution of technical reusable components.
- Participates in the selection, acquisition, configuration and troubleshooting of packaged solutions and technical infrastructure components.
- Assists with gap analyses highlighting current state, future state, client needs, best practices and competition.
- Establishes credibility at all levels with clients and builds problem-solving partnerships with clients and colleagues.
- Participate on a team in a highly professional, customer-service environment supporting the ServiceNow platform.
- Able to take responsibility to ensure customer needs are met within a collaborative environment where work must be coordinated with technical teams and customers.
- Perform technical implementation of various ServiceNow modules.
- Support on-boarding efforts for new customers as well as maintenance and operational efforts for customers in production.
- Handle general updates and configuration changes/requests.
- Communicate with technical staff and non-technical staff to ensure work meets technical requirements and customer business needs.
- Solution and provide requested enhancements to existing ServiceNow applications.
- Work with functional and admin teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow.
- Advanced scripting of business rules, UI Policies, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc.
- 3rd party software integrations with ServiceNow.
- Advise functional and admin teams on design, development and overall ServiceNow best practices.
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including medium sized groups, internal and external project teams, and business unit events; develops written communications to address varied styles and information needs.
- Assists sales staff in identifying leads.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- 3+ years of experience in ServiceNow implementations.
- 3+ completed full implementations.
- Ability to both configure and demonstrate solutions in the ServiceNow platform.
- Experience designing and implementing customer facing solutions leveraging involving enterprise software.
- Fundamental understanding of the key technologies relevant to the ServiceNow integration solutions including: SSO, SAML, SSL, Web Services, LDAP, JDBC, ODBC,REST, SCP, FTPS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to technical problems.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Logical and technical troubleshooting skills.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related field (preferred) .
- ITIL v2 or v3 Foundations Certification (preferred).
- ITIL v3 certification (highly desired).
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (highly desired).
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator and Application Developer.
Kloves offers a complete benefits package designed with your needs in mind. We strive to take an “employee first” approach.